Monday, June 1, 2009

seaweed salad (in progress)

1/3 of a 2 oz package of wakame dried seaweed*
1/3 of a 2 oz package of dried kelp
1/3 of a 2 oz package of unknown thin strand-korean dried seaweed

2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp mirin
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil

Soak all the seaweed in luke warm water ~10 mins. *the wakame had a thick center vein that I removed after soaking. Mix together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse seaweeds and chop into desired sizes and then toss with dressings. Chill and serve cold.

2 comments:

Annie Capell, anniecapell@gmail.com said...

hey, did you cook these everyday? did you create the recipes? did you find them from people? what is your mission statement??

Alicia said...

Hi Annie, yes I did cook all the recipes on here, last year I cooked all 366 (not necessarily everyday though). I wanted to learn how to cook. I didn't create them, but modified most of them from recipes I found along the way. I got some from friends but most of them are from searching concepts on google, (i.e. just putting in ingredients or themes and seeing what came up). allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are great searching tools as well and I got ideas from restaurants or watching the food network. I don't have a mission statement, this year I'm just making whatever I feel like (and won't be doing 365), generally they are ethnic themed (inspired by my favorite restaurants) and I try to modify the recipes to my liking (which is why some are "in progress").

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any more questions

Alicia